Typically, nights are Dax's specialty. It isn't anything I've done, he has just (for the most part) slept well at night from the beginning. Not the case last night. Normally, he nurses every 2-3 hours and yesterday evening he nursed at 6:45pm. I did not really want to wait until 8:45pm to put him to bed, so I topped him off at 8:00pm and put him in bed at 8:15pm. It took him a little while to go to sleep (not typical but not unusual either). By 9pm he had fallen asleep. Jake and I got to our normal routine of school work, dishes, emails, etc. It was a late night but that is not that unusual either. So just as we were getting ready to close up the kitchen and go to bed, Dax started crying - WHAT?!? I went in and tried giving him a binky - no success, of course! Well, the point is, I ended up nursing him again. I'm not quite ready to let him "cry it out." But I really hope this does not become a habit of his!!
I know most of you mothers reading this are asking yourselves "Why is she blogging about this? This is pretty typical of a three month old!" I don't have a great answer. I just want to remember this! :)
So far, tonight, the routine has been normal. I'll be ticked if he starts crying that early tonight. Still love being a mom. This is just part of the wonderful job!
Oh yeah, about 5 minutes after putting him in his crib this evening he started crying. When I went in to check on him he had rolled from his tummy to his back! Good job Dax!
5 comments:
I don't think that it will become a habit. I am always afraid of that too when Cade has an off night! I guess sometimes they just need a little extra TLC. I tell Brad that maybe he just needs a few more cuddles!
That is fun that he rolled over!
I think he just had a bad night because he ate earlier than he was used to. Stick with the Routine!!
Hey Marc!
I have been thinking about you! Sleepless nights are so rough! But Dax is so adorable and getting so big! He is already rolling over?!! Time flies. Sure love you!
Wow! You have a lot of new posts since the last time I checked! How fun! It looks like you had a fun summer! Those pictures are so cute! I hope Dax has gone back to his regular routine of sleeping well for you!
it has been fun reading all of your updated post! so cute that dax is starting to roll over! they get so big so fast!
Post a Comment