I am currently working on a post about Thayne's neighborhood preschool and about Dax growing so fast, but I need some quality time to work on it and can hardly find five minutes!!!! This post is simple and I want to remember it before I forget (as usual).
Yesterday our ward primary had an activity all about service. While kids were coming, and while they were waiting for things to get started, they wrote letters or drew pictures for a couple of missionaries. Next the primary president welcomed all the kids and began talking about how our Savior's life was spent serving others. She showed this Mormon Message and then explained that our senior primary was going to clean the church and the junior primary would go sing songs to some members of our ward. The kids split up and then started serving. After the service was complete everyone had popsicles and then left.
I noticed, while the video (Mormon Message) was playing, that Thayne was really into it. I could tell he liked it and was listening carefully. Well, later when Thayne and I got home I was talking to Jake about the activity and trying to get Thayne to tell him what it was all about and what part he had in everything. He didn't have much to say about it. Then just a few minutes later we were getting ready to leave and Jake was putting on his shoes when he noticed a quarter in each shoe. Thayne had listened, watched, and remembered the message carefully and decided he wanted to make Jake feel happy. I was so touched that he wanted to make someone feel special, just like what had happened in the video. I know he felt the spirit during that video. Later that day he put some quarters in his grandpa and uncle's shoe.
3 comments:
Oaklee had so much fun at the activity and loved singing to everyone! You guys did a great job:)
oh that is soooo stinking cute! that was an awesome actvity and i really think all the kids were touched by the spirit that day.
How sweet! That is wonderful that he listened and wanted to serve.
Post a Comment