Like mentioned in a previous post we blessed Dax on July 4th. After everyone had left and after we got everything cleaned up we decided to head up to the cabin. My brother Jon and his family were going up and told us to come along. We had so much fun with them. We played games (thanks Karlie:), caught some mice (5), ate delicious food (thanks Franks), went swimming at a local pool (Dax and I stayed out this time, but it sure looked fun!!!), reminisced about my college days (got to love SNOW), fished (no success), and had a great time being with each other.
It was fun to see Jon and Larissa play in the pool with their kids.
They are all fish in the water!!!!
They are all fish in the water!!!!
Thayne was a little shy of the water at first but Jake is such a great play mate in the pool so that didn't last long! Last year we took Thayne swimming several times a week - this summer consisted of just this one swimming trip (swimming lessons in October will help our numbers this year :).
These pictures were taken at a little fishing pond near the cabin. I love how easily we were all entertained just being outside and having fun with rocks, ants, dirt, weeds, and, of course, each other!! Overall, it was a perfect get-away. Oh yeah, I should mention that it was Dax's first cabin trip and he slept great!
Western Stampede on the 3rd!
Since we were trying to get everything ready for Dax's blessing day we did not plan on doing much for 4th of July. However, on Saturday (the 3rd), we decided we wanted to do something fun, especially for Thayne. Jake's brother had a hamburger booth and a friend had a snow cone booth at the Western Stampede so we decided to take Thayne and go support and see them. We thought he'd have fun going on some rides too.
We had a great time! It was so fun to see people we knew! We had lots of unhealthy but very yummy treats, such as, snow cones, hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes!! Thayne and I were also privileged to take one ride on the faris wheel. I say privileged because I'm pretty sure this was a one-time event. TEN BUCKS for the two of us to ride ONCE! Suddenly Lagoon seems affordable and reasonable! Once we found out how much rides cost we told Thayne to choose carefully which ride he wanted to go on because we could only ride one. He chose the faris wheel. I will say that his reaction was worth the money spent. He loved it! I think he appreciated it more because he knew he could only go once, so it all worked out! I loved sharing in his excitement! Jake wanted me to go on the ride with Thayne and I thought that was very sweet. Since we knew we didn't want to spend any more money (I should mention that we got hooked up with all the treats - thank you to Spence, Amber, and Bruce) we left after an hour or two. Dax was in the stroller the entire time and was a great little trooper.
That night we watched fireworks from our bedroom window. Dax in bed, Thayne on Jake's shoulders, sitting in our quiet room, it was a perfect way to end the night. Thayne's smile in the last picture is a great depiction of how wonderful our day was!
We had a great time! It was so fun to see people we knew! We had lots of unhealthy but very yummy treats, such as, snow cones, hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes!! Thayne and I were also privileged to take one ride on the faris wheel. I say privileged because I'm pretty sure this was a one-time event. TEN BUCKS for the two of us to ride ONCE! Suddenly Lagoon seems affordable and reasonable! Once we found out how much rides cost we told Thayne to choose carefully which ride he wanted to go on because we could only ride one. He chose the faris wheel. I will say that his reaction was worth the money spent. He loved it! I think he appreciated it more because he knew he could only go once, so it all worked out! I loved sharing in his excitement! Jake wanted me to go on the ride with Thayne and I thought that was very sweet. Since we knew we didn't want to spend any more money (I should mention that we got hooked up with all the treats - thank you to Spence, Amber, and Bruce) we left after an hour or two. Dax was in the stroller the entire time and was a great little trooper.
That night we watched fireworks from our bedroom window. Dax in bed, Thayne on Jake's shoulders, sitting in our quiet room, it was a perfect way to end the night. Thayne's smile in the last picture is a great depiction of how wonderful our day was!
No comments:
Post a Comment