These pictures are in no particular order, just random pictures I thought I'd share! :) Actually, Dax already looks older than these pictures show! It feels like I'll never catch up with time!
So squish-able!!!!!
This is one of Dax's first baths at home. Thayne was in the action too!
This is a common picture. We have several like this, where Thayne is holding Dax, because Thayne likes to hold him a lot! It looks like Thayne is watching the TV, he likes to do that a lot too!!
Just thought I should put Dwight in this post too. He probably feels like Lady (from Lady and the Tramp) with a new baby around. We still love Dwight!
Two things:
First, Dax only sits in this bouncer for a short amount of time before starting to cry.
Second, he does not love binky's. I think in time he'll like it! At least that is what we're hoping for. Yeah, I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy for wanting that, but it is so nice to have something that will comfort him when it seems like nothing else will.
First, Dax only sits in this bouncer for a short amount of time before starting to cry.
Second, he does not love binky's. I think in time he'll like it! At least that is what we're hoping for. Yeah, I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy for wanting that, but it is so nice to have something that will comfort him when it seems like nothing else will.
Like I said, we have a lot of pictures of Thayne holding Dax. Most of them are like this one with Thayne smiling a great smile and Dax squirming and crying.
We knew Thayne would love having a brother at home. So far, that is absolutely true. Thayne loves to play with Dax, even though he doesn't get any positive responses yet. He pretends to eat his fingers and toes, he pushes him in the swing and bounces him the bouncer (we are constantly saying things like "not so fast", "not so hard", "be soft", "don't touch his mouth", "don't touch his eye", etc.), he calls him nick names and jokes with him, and always wants to be in the same room with Dax. This is what we have been wanting for Thayne. WOOHOO!!!!
Facts about Thayne:
-He likes to fold his arms Kung Fu style during prayers.
-He likes to say "No worries" a lot. For example, the other day when he was cleaning his room, our neighbor came to take Dwight on a walk and Thayne asked if he could go too. They said yes and so when he came to tell me he was going, I said, "I thought we were cleaning your room." Then he said, "No worries mom, you and dad can clean it, no worries." I really wish you all could see his expression when he said it!
-He loves "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."
-He still likes trains
-In the afternoon he often asks me, "How's your day been?"
-He likes to catch bugs
-He loves his family. I've already said how much he likes Dax. He wants to be just like Jake but loves to be with me and always agrees with me!
-He does well at saying "please" (although, sometimes it's begging:) and "thank you".
-He buckles his own car seat and likes to brush his teeth all by himself in the morning (actually, he is growing up so much and does so much on his own now - I am thrilled and sad about that).
-He loves helping with the dishes and other house chores with me and work projects with Jake.
Facts about Dax:
-He LOVES to eat (there is no set schedule to nursing during the day, it may be an hour or even a half hour between feedings - I'm trying to not be the binky!?!)
-He has slept well at night right from the beginning!!
-He has given us a couple of smiles and we can't wait for more.
-He already has certain cries. I'm pretty sure I can distinquish the "pain" cry, the "hungry" cry, the "angry" cry, and the "sad" cry.
-He has taken a bottles twice (both occasions Jake had given me the opportunity to leave for a couple of hours - thank you honey!!).
-He likes arching his back and stretching.
*Infants are hard. In fact, Dax is harder than Thayne was at this age. I have also forgotten how needy infants are, however, I really love everything about Dax. I am even enjoying the hard times, at least afterwards or when I look back on the moment.
4 comments:
Marcie your kids are so cute. I hope that you are all adjusting.. according to Thayne "No worries" right. That is cute. Congrats again.
It's funny because a lot of what you said I could also say! What cute boys you have. I love that Thayne likes to hold Dax. I try to get Aleah to hold Cade and she will for about two seconds.
I knew Thayne would be a proud big awesome brother!! Thayne is so cute to hold him and be such a big helper, and Dax just could not be more adorable!
oh my goodness, little Dax is adorable! he really is so so cute and I cant believe how grown up thayne looks in these pictures! I feel so bad that we havent even been out to visit yet, with Ryan being on call so much we havent been much of anywhere lately but I really cant wait to come see him and visit with you guys! (was one of those few hours away to go see Eclipse by chance, hahah... yes Marci, I finally gave in and have read the whole series :)
Post a Comment