Thayne gave his first talk in Primary yesterday. It was about "Jesus Christ Restored the Fullness of the Gospel through Joseph Smith - 6th Article of Faith".
Unfortunately, and I would like blame this on my pregnancy and the fact that we had a very busy week (but that is a poor excuse because it seems like we always have busy weeks), I forgot that he had this assignment until Sunday morning. I had really wanted him to practice his talk a few times, so he would really know what he was talking about, and get him excited, but it just did not work out. Oh well, I am sure he will have this opportunity again (several times).
Despite my lack of preparation, he was terrific! He was excited, he spoke loud, gave a sweet testimony, and was thrilled that he had the opportunity to get up in front of all his friends!
Thayne, Daddy and I think you did a FANTASTIC job!!!! We love you!
5 comments:
That's great! I remember giving talks in primary - it was kind of scary! Good job Thayne! I'm sure you did great too! Also, I love his adventures with his bike, so cute!
The good ol' primary talks! I remember being so scared! I am sure he did an awesome job! And did I hear pregnancy in there..... Well Congrats that is exciting!!!
Good job Thayne!! I am sure he did great:) Primary talks are so fun... too bad as adults we do not get all excited to speak like kids do!!
I'm sure he did a great job! Ithink it's great that kids get to start giving talks long before they are old enough to get scared of them.
Did I just read that your pregnant? Congratulations! When are you due? I'm sorry it has been so long since we have chatted...we definitely need to plan a girls night out.
Post a Comment