Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good Morning

I often think it would be fun to live in the country, on a farm. I love the idea of taking care of horses, chickens, cows, and other farm animals.

On Sunday we got back from a short vacation (just a weekend get-away), which, hopefully, I will blog about later. Everyday since then I have woken to a little rooster in Thayne's room. I'm totally serious. Every morning I hear "cock-a-doodle-doo, cock-a-doodle-doo". It's the only thing he says, until I come into his room. I can't help but smile when I hear it. I really cannot think of what would make him do this, except his creative imagination. Our little trip was not on a farm, we haven't been to "Farm Country" recently, no farm books lately... Oh, well, he and his cousins did watch "Charlotte's Web" during the trip, but they were playing with dragons while watching it... Anyway, that must be where he got the idea.

This has given me just a small taste of country life. I wonder how long it will last... Really, I do love waking to a happy kid/rooster!!! Also, speaking of farms, his bedroom is kind of like a pig sty at the moment... :)

4 comments:

Amie said...

That is hillarious. What a personality that boy has! I love it!

Shay said...

That would be a fun thing to wake up to! What a cute boy you have. It's amazing to see the things that they come up with!

Bekah said...

What a good way to say good morning. That would a smile on anyone's face. It's a great way also to start the day off right. I'm going to try that on Saturday. Very creative! I want to live in the country.

Brittney said...

That Thayne is so clever and cute!! Smart boy, and I think that would be very fun to wake up to!