Friday, January 29, 2010

Starting...again...

One of the problems I have with journaling (not sure if that is even a word) is writing too many details (most of which are not important). Since I have been wanting to catch up on this blog I am going to keep everything short and simple (as much as I can, ha ha).

Towards the end of 2009:

We went to the cabin with some favorite friends!

Brinton and Thayne playing in a small, but very cold, stream

We had fun riding ATV's, playing games, fishing, going on picnics, playing in water, watching movies, and, of course, eating!!


The whole crew getting ready for one of many rides.
Thank you, Julie and Steve, for a great time!!!
(Pregnant Julie, Zander, Steve, Brinton, and our family - all on two 4-wheelers - pretty impressive!! My parents may have set some new rules since seeing these picture...!!!!)


Canning!!!!

After telling Julie how much I LOVE bottled peaches (not to be confused with canned peaches from the grocery store), she asked if I would like to can some peaches with her! She and her mom were very generous to share with me!!!! Thank you, thank you!!! If I remember correctly we canned about 40 bottles!!! I also canned some tomatoes and pears this year (thanks to my mom and dad for sharing those goods!!!).


Halloween 2009


Thayne was a bat. My sis-in-law, Bethany, let us borrow this homemade costume, and Thayne LOVED it! It was fun going to parties dressed up and receiving too much candy!! All the partying wore him out Halloween night!! Also, we carved one pumpkin on Halloween. One was enough to get Thayne excited!!!

8 comments:

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

YEAH, you updated your blog! I check it all the time, ya, pretty much a blog stalker:)

Steve & Julie said...

Love Thayne's face in the pumpkin carving one. There is no doubt that he was excited. He is so cute, we just love him :)

Steve & Julie said...

Oh, and we had so much fun at the cabin. We can't wait to go again (assuming you invite us, ha ha). We were so home-makey to do all that canning, if I do say so myself! Keep catching up because I have practically forgotten everything that you do - even if it includes us (that's three kids for ya)!

Huff Family said...

I was so happy to see an updated blog! I sure miss you. I hope life and work is going well. We need to get together now that the holidays are over. Love the new pictures.

Janet said...

I am also happy to see you updated your blog, although I was expecting a little bit more. Can't wait to keep reading, hopefully you will update a little more often. Also, good job with all of the canning. I'm jealous of your canned fruit stash!

Emily said...

Oh I just love all of your fun pictures. You have inspired me to update mine. Lately I have just been posting birthdays or major announcements. I am so far behind that I think that I can't catch up, but I don't need to write a long discourse about events, as long as I get the pictures up and recorded, then I think I will feel a lot better. Speaking of long discourses, this comment is getting pretty lengthy...anyways, it was fun seeing what you guys have been up to.

Kirbys said...

Oh Marcie! I just miss you and have been thinking about you so much lately. It's fun to see what you've been up to. I need to update my blog too. You are just the cutest! Love ya.

Amie said...

welcome back to the blog! we've missed you