Thursday, September 10, 2009

You are My Sunshine

Thayne is in the habit of opening the curtains in the front room before waking me up in the morning (actually, I wake up when I hear him open his bedroom door and walk down the hall, but I stay in bed pretending to sleep until he comes in to wake me up:). After he does this he walks into my room and says, "Mommy, I have a surprise to show you." He holds my hand as we walk to the front room and then he says, "See, it's sunny!!!" Each morning I am just as excited as the previous day to come and see the sunshine shining through our sliding door. Even though some mornings I am still trying to wake up, and even if I'm really tired it's a great way to begin my day!! I'm so glad Thayne recognizes how wonderful the sunshine is and shares it with me!!!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

That is so sweet! Cute Thayne. What a wonderful way to wake up!

Shay said...

That is really cute! I love that you let him come and wake you up. The sunshine in the morning is so nice!

Zandra said...

I love that story! He is such a doll. Boy, I wish my kids would wait until the sun is shining to wake me up- they get up before dawn- and they're usually not as sweet either.

Misty said...

How cute! My kids enjoy waking up before the sun and informing me that it is time for breakfast right away!

Huff Family said...

You guys are such a wonderful family! I miss seeing you! How is everything going? Let me know. It would be great to hear from you.

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are treasuring those times! He is such a sweet kiddo.