Today is Emmett's birthday. We had a special dinner at home, sang "Happy Birthday", ate a delicious cake from "Dippidee", released some balloons into the sky, and opened a couple of presents (it is a birthday, afterall:). Two years down and I don't know how many more until we will be with him again. I'm not wishing to leave this world soon, at all, but it definitely will be a wonderful reunion and I'm thankful to have such a beautiful reason to go eventually. Today, especially, we have enjoyed thinking of him, talking about him, looking at his pictures, and remembering his story. We love him and are thankful he is part of our family. Thayne told me today that he can't wait for Jesus and Emmett to come to our house. Yeah, I can't wait either!
12 comments:
That post seriously made me cry! You guys are so strong- you are an inspiration to us all. Thank goodness for eternal families.
That sounds like such a perfect and beautiful birthday celebration. Your faith and strength inspire me. How blessed we are to know families are eternal. Sure love you and have been thinking about you!!
You are so amazing. Happy Birthday Emmett. That sounds like a perfect party, and I agree with Thayne, that will be so exciting to reunite! HOORAY for ETERNAL FAMILIES!!!
What a wonderful celebration of eternal life! I loved that post. Thanks for being such a wonderful example.
I thought about you guys all day. I'm so glad you celebrate little Emmett every year. He gives me hope for the eternities! Sweet Thayne - what a great boy.
I can't believe that two years have gone by. You were such shining examples through all of that. You had such a great perspective and attitude. I believe you touched a lot of people.
Happy Birthday to your little Emmett!
Oh Marci you are so amazing! Happy birthday Emmett, I know that you are just doing so much on the other side and taking care of your other brothers and sisters before they come down here to a physical body.
That is so sweet! Thayne is just as amazing as his parents are!
What a sweet thing to do Marcie! Thayne learns a lot by your great example. Your Thayne sure is a sweet boy to say that about Emmett and Jesus. What a blessing and comfort it is to have eternal families! We need to get together soon!
oh this is just so sweet... I just love all of the sweet things that thayne says!! How blessed we are to have eternal families!!!
Oh! Happy Birthday Emmett. I'm so glad you celebrated. We do that too and it's such a specail day for the kids. It's amazing to me how much they understand. You're such a sweet family and I know Emmett was meant to be yours for a reason. I will never forget the spirit I felt when we came to visit you in the hours after his birth. What a valiant spirit he must be! We love you guys!
Post a Comment