This is my new favorite "romantic" love story. I finished reading this book a few nights ago and I still am pondering the story in my mind. The writing is so beautiful and I love the morals and values expressed. The other night I told Jake, in pretty good detail, the story of Jane Eyre, as we were driving. Since I love the story so much, it was fun to tell it to him. Surprisingly, he was really interested as I was telling it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll read it, but we are anxious and excited to check out the video from the library and spend a romantic evening watching it together. Also, since I finished the book and told Jake about it, I will occasionally call him Mr. Rochester, the only problem is that he calls me Bertha (I'm sure there is a little truth to that)!!!

8 comments:
I loved that book too back in high school. I've kind of always felt like the "plain jane" so I always related to the story! But it has been so long since I have read it that I'm having a hard time remembering it all. You should come to book club and suggest it!
You are so cute. I love that book as well. It is one that I don't think you ever get tired of reading. It was on T.V. the other night and so I watched it and recorded it too.
I'll have to give it another chance, I don't remember much from it the first time I read it but it was a long time ago.
And those stories of Thayne's were super cute! He is so funny!
really? Jane Eyre? I hated reading that book in high school. I guess we all have our taste. I'm reading "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking. I love it!
I have not read that book yet. I will have to add it to my list to read. Thanks for sharing, I will have to tell you what I think of it after I finish it.
I love that one too. Nothing like a classic! :)
I can't believe I haven't read it yet! I need to read it just to see who Bertha is! ;) Thanks for the book recommendations-maybe you need like a book favorite list on your blog b/c you always have a good book to share!
I guess I'll have to give it a try! I still need to read your Shannon Hale recommendations.
Post a Comment