Thursday, March 12, 2009

I was tagged a long time ago...

Better late than never, right???

8 Favorite TV Shows:
1 - Clifford
2 - Arthur
3 - Super Why
4 - Can you guess what channel we watch??
5 - While these are not, necessarily, MY favorite shows, they are the ones I watch the most!
6 - I used to watch Matlock, Little House on the Prairie, and the Brady Bunch, but I've seen each episode several times and now have them memorized - no need to watch them anymore!!!
7 - Yes, Jake and I watch "The Office", but it is more Jake's favorite than mine, and we haven't kept up with it lately.
8 - Except for a couple kid shows in the morning, we don't watch a lot of TV. Both Jake and I love it this way, because in the past, we have watched too much!!!!! Now, we have more time for other things - funny how that works! :)

*Small disclaimer, in case Jake is reading this: Well, I don't watch TV much, but since I just read Jane Eyre, I have enjoyed watching "Masterpiece Theater's" version of the book. I watch the movie a lot (because the story is so awesome!!!) - mostly on my own time! :) Other than that, what I have said is true!

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1 - Took my car in to the shop because the "check engine" light was on. Come to find out, I didn't have the gas lid sealed tight enough - whew, glad that was all!!!
2 - Played with my niece and nephews while my sister ran some errands
3 - Folded laundry and watched my movie while Thayne was taking his nap!
4 - Made two batches of cinnamon roles (I forgot cinnamon in the first batch - how did that happen??? My mom told me to use brown sugar instead of the regular stuff, but instead of replacing the brown for white, I used white and brown and forget the cinnamon - oops:)
5 - Went to a baby shower late (because of the mishap with the cinnamon roles)
6 - Ate too many sweets at the shower
7 - Went to bed with a horribly messy kitchen!
8 - Washed all of my cosmetic brushes - this was way overdue!

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1 - Attending Spencer (Jake's brother) and Amber's wedding
2 - Seeing and visiting with Megan (Jake's sister) and her family, who live in Arizona, but are here for the wedding and blessing of their new daughter
3 - Seeing and holding my new niece, Grace, and attending her baby blessing
4 - Warm weather
5 - Camping and going to the cabin
6 - Having more children, when the time is right
7 - Painting and other house projects this summer!!!!
8 - Being with Jake when he comes home from work today :)

8 Favorite Restaurants
1 - First of all, I am horrible with favorites - I just can't seem to make up my mind!!!
2 - I like most restaurants and can't think of any I don't like, except maybe Applebee's
3 - We don't go out to eat that often, but when we do it's a fun treat!!!
4 - My parents are great cooks and I LOVE eating their food
5 - Actually, I love eating almost anything I don't cook myself!
6 - I really want to try out "The Melting Pot" - I know, I'll start saving now!!!
7 - This is making me hungry, wonder what I should make for dinner tonight...????
8 - Really, it's fun to go out to eat! I'm not picky!!!

8 Things on my wish list
1 - A kitchen table with at least 6 chairs (eight is my preference)
2 - Bookshelves (Jake and I love collecting good books)
3 - Happiness and health to family and friends
4 - This is vain, but, a new wardrobe!!!!!!
5 - To be pregnant, have more children, and for Thayne to have a sibling/siblings
6 - To be a better wife, mother, and friend (sounds a little cheesy, but if I'm being honest...)
7 - A yard for Thayne and Dwight to play in
8 - A year supply of food storage
9 - Oh yeah, just eight, right???? This list could go on, and on, and on...

*But as far as that list goes:
"If you wait to be happy, you will wait forever. If you're happy now you'll be happy forever!"

8 comments:

Karina said...

Marci I just LOVE that last little qoute!! So true!
and I am with you one the favorites thing I can never make up my mind!

Ammon and Tasha said...

that was fun to read about you & to get to know alittle more about you!

ps your cinammon rolls were VERY delicious the other night!

Zandra said...

Better late than never! I love your honesty. That was fun to read.

Becky said...

Marci, I just love your posts. They are always so positive and shed good light on life.

Amie said...

That was fun to read. I love that you put the disclaimer for Jake. I like to turn on Pride and Predjudice while I fold laundry on occasion, but it's a DVD not a TV show. Doesn't count.:) I love your honesty though. And, I love that you love Jane Eyre so much! Your Wish List was sweet too and I loved your cinammon rolls.

Gilbert Family said...

Great list! I just had to say that I LOVED your cinnamon rolls too...thanks for bringing them! I wish I didn't watch a lot of tv but I am addicted to so many shows. We haven't been keeping up with The Office as much either, maybe it's run it's course??

larissa said...

I love you Marcie! You are such a sweet person and I loved reading about some of your favorites.

Janet said...

What a great list! Marcie you are a great example with your no favorite tv shows. My list is way too long. I could also name off a HUGE list of favorite restaurants. Narrowing it down to just one would be the hard part. (Although we don't eat out that much anymore either.) You are a great mom, daughter, sister, wife and aunt. Thanks for watching my kids the other day. Love ya!