*Janet, you think you have long posts??? Ha! I couldn't think of a way to shorten this! Sorry to EVERYONE who reads this, I hope it doesn't take too much of your time! :)
We spent THANKSGIVING with Jake's family this year! Jake and his dad and brother went Elk hunting in the morning, while Thayne and I watched the big parade and made rolls. Dinner was delicious and the company delightful!! Jake's mom prepared a fantastic meal, which I ate too much of, and had several fun activities for Thayne. We watched a fun Christmas movie together, and then filled our stomachs, again, with Grandma W.'s famous "Pumpkin Surprise" - one of my FAVORITES!!!! (I LOVE food and was planning on taking pictures of the beautiful table spread, but I was too preoccupied eating it all and forgot. Then I thought I'd at least take pictures of everyone eating dessert, but again, I was too involved in getting the food in my mouth and forgot - maybe I'll remember next year, but not likely!!!)
Thayne and Grandma W. made these apple turkeys together. Thayne was acting really silly. Every time Grandma told Thayne to put a marshmallow on the toothpicks, he would stick one or two in his mouth. I'm surprised to see any marshmallows on his turkey!!!! Thank you Grandma for planning such a yummy and cute project!
Grandma W. made the cookie turkey's before everyone arrived and placed one on each plate. She always finds creative ways to have fun.
This is what all the men looked like after dinner was over!!! See the little toy by Grandpa W.'s hand?? Thayne doesn't let anyone sleep for too long!!!
Of course, we brought Dwight!! We didn't want him to miss out on the fun! He was spoiled with bits of leftovers here and there - and he LOVED it! As much as he drives me crazy, I am really thankful for Dwight, he is a fun, very, very, patient, and sort of obedient dog!
Although the morning hunt was not successful, Grandpa W. found this elk shed along the hike. It's HUGE!! That would have been an awesome ELK!
The women in the kitchen...
The men relaxing...
Thanksgiving was wonderful! I am so thankful for my blessings, especially the gift of love. I am so thankful for the many people who we love and who love us!
Although I wasn't planning on shopping early Friday morning, my friend called and convinced me that we'd find some good deals, so I decided to do it! We both found some good deals and it was a lot of fun - thanks, Steph!!! Jake and I also did a little shopping (thanks again, Steph) and then spent the rest of the day with Thayne, putting up lights, our Christmas tree, and decorations!!! Thayne made everything so exciting and fun! He oohed and aahed EVERYTHING. Saturday night we went with some friends to temple square to see the lights. Everything was beautiful! Thank you for a fun night!
Thanksgiving was wonderful! I am so thankful for my blessings, especially the gift of love. I am so thankful for the many people who we love and who love us!
Although I wasn't planning on shopping early Friday morning, my friend called and convinced me that we'd find some good deals, so I decided to do it! We both found some good deals and it was a lot of fun - thanks, Steph!!! Jake and I also did a little shopping (thanks again, Steph) and then spent the rest of the day with Thayne, putting up lights, our Christmas tree, and decorations!!! Thayne made everything so exciting and fun! He oohed and aahed EVERYTHING. Saturday night we went with some friends to temple square to see the lights. Everything was beautiful! Thank you for a fun night!
12 comments:
What a fun Thanksgiving weekend!!! I love all of the creative treats!!! I love all of your pictures. The one of you and your mother-in-law is really cute.
You will have to let me know where you went shopping. My sister and I hit the sales too. I love finding a good deal!!!
It looks like you guys had a fun time at Temple Square. I love this time of year and all of the fun things there are to do!!! It was fun reading about your Thankgiving weekend. I am glad you had a good one.
fun! you went shopping that morning too? what time did you go? ezra and I were out the door by 5:45 that morning and I got some awesome deals that i was sooo exited about!!
P.S. Your post wasn't nearly as long as mine.
Really cute pictures. You are all so photogenic! What a fun craft for Thayne to do on Thanksgiving. My kids LOVE marshmallows too, but I've never liked them that much. Temple square looked like lots of fun. I wish I could hire the people who do the Christmas lights. :)
It looks like you had a great time. I love those apple turkeys, that's a good idea. I have got to go to Temple Square, it seams like everyone is going there!
Marci you look great I LOVE your hair, and....AHHH why does Thayne look so big??? Has it really been that long?
Im so sad that we missed out on going to see the lights with you guys... I really wanted to do that this year and it would have been a blast to go with you guys. It has been WAY too long since we have gotten together... I really miss our talks, I love talking with you!!
Sounds like fun, Thayne is so cute I love the cheeser smile picture. You are a brave woman I went to Walmart at 5 walked in and right back out it was too crazy for me.
Looks like a lot of fun for the whole weekend. You should have invited me to come with you to SLC, I wish we were still friends. Just kidding, we really do need to get together again soon!
I love all the fun crafts! You gotta love all the good deals. I got great stuff this year too, I wonder if we were at some of the same places. I saw a few people I knew, but I was embarrassed because I looked so terrible. I am glad that you had such a fun Thanksgiving weekend.
What cute activities. I love when grandparents have things to keep the kids busy. It keeps them from getting into trouble and touching things they shouldn't.
You weren't the only one who didn't take pictures. I was so excited to eat the meal I forgot to even bring the camera. So?? did you find any good deals?
Yay! There's nothing like family and friend togetherness for the holidays!
Post a Comment