This year's hunt was SUCCESSFUL!!!
That is right, we are going to have a freezer full of venison!
Jake shot a good-looking, trophy two-point! After a day full of hiking and searching mountains, he and his brothers spotted antlers. It only took one shot with his muzzle loader (maybe too much detail for some of you, but I was pretty impressed). Congrats, Jake!!!!!
14 comments:
Congrats! Only one shot, good job!
Way to go Jake. Does the meat taste any good? Marcie you are a great wife to let all that meat in your fridge. Glad he had fun and was able to get something.
Love you guys
Abby
Sorry I signed in as Allyson but it is really me.
Wow! Nice job!
Good job! I'm curious what you are going to cook with all that venison? Do you have favorite recipes or do you just eat it like steak??
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Hunting is a barbaric practice… you disgust me!
I don’t know how you can sleep at night.
Congrats there Jake! To be honest the pictures kind of reminded me of visting the animals at Cabelas!
Laura,
I'm not quite sure how to cook the meat - Jake will probably end up doing a lot of that himself. I think I will be looking up recipes online too!!!
Chet - at first I thought you were serious. Then I clicked on your profile and blog. That's an awesome looking dog you have.
Marcie - have you ever eaten venison? I tried it once and didn't like it. I hope you like it, since you have a whole freezer full.
Jake - good job.
Way to go Jake! I think the meat is yucky. Just jerky the whole thing. :)
Great job Jake! It's too bad you guys can't just catch the deer and let them go. That might be a fun spin on hunting. You and Chet should try that sometime! :)
Good Job Jake! When Tyler told me you got one i was so excited for you! Yeah, I don't like deer either so we are just jerkying the whole thing when Ty gets one!Anyway congrats!
I didn't know Jake was a hunter. It's so funny how it's either something you love or hate. Yummy vennison.
Good job Jake! We just watched a Iron chef on different meals with Elk I'll pass them on to you!!!
Way to go Jake! We better get invited for a nice venison dinner.
Post a Comment