Thayne has never been much of a climber. The other day, however, and I can't remember the exact details, I went in his room to get something, or maybe check on him, and when I walked into the room this is how I found him. It was pretty funny and a little scary, because it isn't the sturdiest piece of furniture, and I'm a little surprised it held his weight (thank goodness). He has done it a few times now (even after lecturing him, of course). You probably are wondering why we still have a changing table in his room and it is only because we use it as a dresser, sort of. We should probably invest in a dresser. Well, part of me is excited that he is climbing!!!!
Thayne's uncles, Josh and Spence, love to spoil Thayne with THINGS. It is not uncommon for Thayne to come home from his grandma and grandpa Ward's with some old items from Josh and Spence's room. I would call it junk (most of the time), but to Thayne, these items are his "special toys" and heart felt treasures!!! The other night (Thayne was already asleep in bed) his uncles came over with a surprise for Thayne. They had caught a horned toad and were so excited to show Thayne. Yes, we woke him from his peaceful sleep and showed him the toad! As the pictures show, he was a little reluctant to hold "Lars" at first. It started on his sheet, then his leg, then arm, and finally the back of his hand. Spence and Josh told us we could keep Lars, but I wasn't quite ready to take on that responsibility, so they ended up taking him back to his home in the field behind their house!! Thanks for the fun treat guys, Thayne really loves you two!!!
Thayne's creativity really came out the other day. I was cleaning the floors in our kitchen and happened to glance over at Thayne playing. He had his pile of toy screws on top of a small bicycle light (one of those "special items" from Josh and Spence). I asked him what it was and he told me a fire. I knew Thayne was creative, but yes, I was surprised at such a neat creation!! Way to go, Thayne!!! Can't wait for more!!!!! (I don't remember why he wasn't dressed yet, but I'm sure there is a good reason :)
14 comments:
Thayne is lucky to have Josh and Spence. Remember the elf helpers? We used to get Ben, Jon and Tim's old junk? We loved it! I bet he loves their special treasures! Cute pictures. I especially love Thaynes little punch moustache in the last pictures! What a creative little guy!
Wow, he is creative-that video is adorable-underoos and all! That's too funny about all the special treasures!
He is so funny and cute. Did I ever tell you that I love the name Lars, Michael veto'd it off of our list of names so I am so glad that Thayne named his frog that. Lily is quite the climber, how did you get so lucky? Does he get the creativity from you or Jake?
I love that video! How creative, I love it...I am a little jealous of the frog, I would of loved to play leap frog with it.
What a cutie!
Very creative! I love how he even had the light in there, it made it so realistic. It's amazing what they can come up with.
This is too funny!! and somehting that I can relate to all too well... Kamryn is quiet the climber and is really good at it unfortunately. I love little imaginations!!! Kamryn is just starting to use hers. Thayne that is the best fire I have ever seen!!!
How ADORABLE. I love how he is all, "camped out" on his little organizer.
I had a horny toad once, it was fun to play with. I want to go catch one now. Where do Thayne's uncles live? Did they catch it close by here?
Did he really make that fire all by himself? That is really creative. I don't know what Jake looks like in his superman underwear, but I thought that Thayne looked just like Jake in that picture of him sitting on the crate leaning over the "fire" "roasting" marshmallows!
Wow. What a smart boy! Gotta love when they discover how fun it is to climb. Beware that getting a dresser only means he'll open the drawers and use them as steps to climb. It amazes me what kids come up with. And, I love how cute his uncles are-what a lucky boy Thayne is!
Oh man, I so want him in my family. He is the stinkin cutest thing and the little video clip just made me smile. I appreciate him in his little undies. Adorable.
Too cute! You're such a nice mommy to let him get up after he was already in bed!
The thing boys fall in love with. I am not such a pet person. I don't think I would have kept the frog either.
Love the video. People need to post more of those. Loved it. Horny Toads are pretty rare so that really is a special treasure. We'll start saving all of our McDonalds and dollar store junk for you and Thayne will have the best Christmas ever!!
Post a Comment