Jake took Thayne on the priesthood camp out! I knew that they would have fun doing "BOY" things without mom for a night. Sure enough, they saw spiders and bugs (tarantula, black widow, and a scorpion - sorry, no picture of the black widow, they killed it before they had chance to take a picture), rode four wheelers, ate hamburgers (just that, no condiments, no chips, no fruit) and candy, and heard a pack of coyotes come into camp in the middle of the night!!! Although they went to bed at a decent hour, neither had a good night sleep (probably nightmares and because it was really HOT!!!). It was a short trip, but I know Thayne and Jake LOVED it!!!
Thayne loves playing with his friends. He has had some fun play days inside, but I seem to only take pictures when we go places (I'm not great at taking pictures, but I'm trying to be better). This summer we went to the Hogle Zoo and the petting zoo with friends. The Hogle zoo was a first and we LOVE it. Thayne likes ants and flies just as much as monkeys and elephants. I enjoyed the animals, but mostly visiting with my good friends.
Just a few weeks ago we went to the petting zoo, again!!! We went with some friends from our neighborhood. Cows, horses, chickens, goats, turkeys NEVER get old. Every time we go, Thayne is still just as interested as the first time. He had fun walking and running all over with his friend. Brinton is a sweet friend of Thayne's. He just turned two and had a little party at his house that Thayne was invited to. This was kind of Thayne's first "kid" party, and it was perfect. There were three little kids total. They played the entire time (didn't even want cookies and ice cream...crazy). Thanks Julie!!!!! Thayne has had fun becoming good friends with Brinton and we are so glad they live close.
Just a side note. *I LOVE MY friends, too. I feel like I have the BEST friends ever. If you are reading this you must be a friend, so thanks for talking, laughing, and making fun memories with me.
9 comments:
your pictures are adorable MINUS the scorpion and HUGE spider (I think you put that picture on there just for me:) I can't believe that spider was just walking around...FREAKY!!
You are such a brave mom sending your boys out with all those crazy bugs, I totally wouldn't be able to sleep knowing there were those bugs and coyotes. It sounds like you guys had such a fun summer
Yeah, the scorpions and spiders . . .yikes! Brinton loves Thayne, too and has been asking for him the past few days. I am going to call you soon. I think my super business is coming to an end finally :)
I love that photo of your boys with Thayne's hat on backwards! Brent has photos of the spiders too, and they freak me out!
I just got the shivers looking at those pictures!! Of the spider and scorpion of course, not of Jake and Thayne:) I think that is so neat that Jake took Thayne on a little campout.... and BRAVE to do it with out YOU!! I think I will need to send Ryan out on a Daddy daughter campout!!! We still havent made it to the zoo, so if you liked it well enough to do it again, call us!
Thayne is so adorable! That's really cute he got to spend some time with Dad. (And probably a nice little break for you :)
And don't forget to show us pictures of YOU!
Brad also went on that camp out and had a great time. He didn't have a camera so he took a picture of the spider with his phone, I really couldn't see anything. But, I guess it was real.
Oh sick, is that the spider that the Bishop saw? I would have passed out. I love your pictures and you are a great friend!
Good for Jake for taking Thayne to the campout. I'm sure Thayn loved it. Ethan would have LOVED seeing the tarantula and scorpion. I can't believe the scorpion was under a tent. Creepy! I just got the shiveries thinking about it.
Post a Comment