Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In town fun!!!

Yeah, we love it when family is in town!!!! Jake's youngest brother come home from his mission (Korea) a few weeks ago (I wish I had remembered to bring my camera to the airport). He was all smiles and it has been so fun listening to his stories and catching up with him. Everyone in Jake's family was able to come to the airport and it was fun playing with them, too!!! We spent time at the petting zoo (we go there often because Thayne LOVES it and we bought a season pass and are trying to get our money out of it), Jake's parents house (Matt's birthday party, family home evening, laughing with everyone, watching movies, etc.), and Wheeler Farm. Spending time with those we love never gets boring or old!!!
Thanks to everyone for making fun memories!!!!



We love Grandma!!!! Oh yeah, and the animals too!!!



Grandma brought stuff to make little candy airplanes. The boys enjoyed playing with them, but not as much as they enjoyed eating them!!!





These pictures were taken when we celebrated Matt's birthday, but I didn't get a good picture of Matt, sorry:(. Thanks Josh for taking the boys for MANY rides in the wagon - they LOVE you!!! Also, notice the talent my nephew has. Is this a sign that he will play golf or maybe become a caddy???? Both boys had fun trying to walk with tee's in their toes!!



Welcome home Spence!!!! We celebrated his homecoming (and Josh's graduation - congrats!!!) with an excellent picnic dinner at Wheeler Farm!!! It was a beautiful evening (even if it was a little warm) with wonderful company. We fed the ducks and geese (Thayne loves to sneak little pieces of bread in his mouth), saw a rat (under the pig pen), and climbed the tree house. We can't wait until we can all hang out again (hopefully it is sooner than later)!!!!!


6 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

How exciting for him to be back. It looks like a lot of fun. We still need to go to the petting zoo together, you know. You better call me :)

Janet said...

We need to go to the petting zoo sometime too. It sounds like you have probably gotten your moneys worth. Fun pictures! I bet it's great having Spencer back. We are looking forward to setting him up with some girls from the ward. Cute picture of Mitch and Thayne in the wagon!

Brittney said...

Blogger just totally freaked out! So, sorry if it posts this twice! But I love that you have new picts of Thayne posted. I love the one of him rockin' his shades! Thanks for calling me yesterday. It made my entire day, you can always make me smile!! You are such a sweet friend & we really do need to hang out!! SOON!!!!!

Gilbert Family said...

I love it when all the family is in town and we get to go do fun things! Your pictures turned out great!

BTW...I've seen that rat under the pigpen and it made me jump!! I love animals but there is something scary about big rats!!

Croslands said...

That looks so fun. Family parties are the best. And tell Grandma that she doesn't look old enough to be Grandma.

Shay said...

I have to agree with you that spending time with those we love doesn't get old. I also love the picture of Thayne wearing his sunglasses!