Celebrating the 4th of July was a blast!! We started the morning early (with McD's for breakfast) so we could go to a small town parade. There weren't too many fancy floats, but it's a really fun parade with candy, horses, firetrucks, beauty queens, four wheelers, and water!!! We had fun with everyone from my family, except Tim's family, who couldn't make it this year - we missed you guys!!! Other activities included going to the rodeo, exploring with grandpa, eating (dinners always taste delicious at the cabin), playing at a park and flying a parachute kite (those are tricky and SOOO much more fun than regular kites), running through sprinklers, and for those who behaved (this did not include Thayne...or me and Jake), watching fireworks.
Popsicles were a fun treat, especially during the hot part of the day!
Our nature walk with grandpa was fun, funny, and interesting. We found moss growing on trees and plants, elk bones (although Ethan, my nephew preferred a thick stick he called a dinosaur bone, to the real elk bones...funny), some sort of poisonous berry (I can't remember the name), normal rocks and leaves (always a big hit for the kids), and even some random trash, which we cleaned up.
The rodeo was really fun, however, since we had just previously been to a rodeo (the night before) and Thayne had stayed up really late, AND he had skipped a nap earlier (because he wanted to run through the sprinklers and I just couldn't say no), he was a handful! The three of us were exhausted from the two exciting rodeos, and due to some tantrums, and a lack of patience, we decided to cut the rodeo just a little short, skip out on the fireworks, and head back to the cabin. Unfortunately, everyone came back to the cabin raving about how great the fireworks were (darn it). Oh well, we had a great nights sleep (even though we missed out on fun again because people had decided to sleep on the deck), and had fun goofing off the next day!!!
This is the parachute kite. We flew it at a local elementary school. All the kids played on the playground and got out their energy by running around the field. Thayne decided to chill for a while in Hollands car seat, guess he longs for the good old days!!!
These are pictures of everyone hanging out at the parade.
Even Dwight likes a fun holiday, and we really love having him with us too!
10 comments:
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I don't think you could have packed anything else in there. Don't we love our two year olds and their fits? It's a good thing they are so stinkin' cute. How fun to go on a nature hike. I bet even Thayne will remember that. I love seeing grandpa's with their grandsons :)
The cabin WAS a lot of fun! I can't wait until next year. I don't blame Thayne for being cranky. It had been a long couple of days for him with little sleep. Poor little guy! :)
The things are toddlers deprive us of! Its funny how all too familiar those stories are! I really hope that we can get together again soon!
What a great post! I'm impressed you guys have sleepovers with the little kids, my family doesn't even attempt it - too much work! It seems like a lot of fun though :) I'll have to try to convince my family!
Hey this is Tyler's wife Lacey. Sound like you guys had a great time! It is always fun to go hang out at the cabin with the whole family. Tyler is always talking about thayne and stories that jake tells him. You have a very cute little family and I always look forward to the next Thayne story because they are always so cute, anyway keep on having fun!
I love the pic of Thayne chillin in his car seat, is that what it was? With his arms up behind his head...lol, so cute.
I always love all of your pictures! I am jealous of your times at the rodeo, we never made it to one this year. Bummer!
I know how the lack of sleep things go. Tantrums and your lack of patience are not a good mix. I would have gone to bed to. After doing the Hirschi reunion at a rented cabin, I am so jelious that you guys have a regualr family cabin to get together. These are the best times!!
What a great summary of the trip to the cabin. You got some great pictures and it's fun to hear your perspective on the fun. We love you guys.
It was so good to see you on Friday night! Your family is so cute, it is fun to see pictures of your family. I hope we can keep in touch now through blogs at least.
Post a Comment