Just before the 4th of July, Jake's parents treated us to the Western Stampede Rodeo. This is the very first rodeo Thayne has ever been to and he LOVED it! I don't think he could keep track of everything that was going on, but he always enjoys seeing animals. We all loved the cheering, bucking, free snow cones (thanks Bruce :), more bucking, fire events, and being together. Jake had school that night, but met up with us right before the big events happened. It was an awesome night. My favorite part is the barrel racing! I can't even tell who is going the fastest though - it all seems fast to me!!! Thayne's favorite part was the bull magician. I'm not sure that is what his real name was, but he trained two big bulls to do incredible things. One was jumping through a circle of fire, and anything with fire Thayne just loves (that sounds a little weird, but seriously he really get intrigued with fire). He kept wanting to see more fire (even mentioned it the next day). It was so fun to be with Grandma and Grandpa Ward at the rodeo, they are great entertainers for Thayne. So is his uncle Josh who was also there. Thanks for taking us to the rodeo, it was so much fun!!!
Thayne with Uncle Josh getting ready to see some action!!
"Ring of Fire" and one of many cowboys taking a rough fall - OUCH!!!!
4 comments:
YEA!! I can see your blog now...but it's still giving me a HARD time...so if you don't get comments, send me another invite?!! I don't know..sorry!! Your blog is CUTE!! :) MISS YOU GUYS!!!
That looks like so much fun. We were really going to try and make it to the Western Stampede this year but unfortunately never made it... now I REALLY wish we would have! Glad you guys had fun!!!
Two rodeos in two nights might be a little more than I could handle. Although seeing a bull jump through a ring of fire might have made it all worth it. Just kidding! It looks like a fun time. Great timing with the camera on that last picture!
I agree with Janet on that cowboy picture. Wow! It looks like Thayne had a great time.
Post a Comment