Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Little Sous Chef!




Lately, Thayne has been pretending to cook. It's fun to listen to his conversation about food and cooking. He pretends to cook broccoli, chicken, pancakes, and cereal with his pretend tool set. The nails are usually chicken. The screw drivers are spoons. Books are plates. Buckets are pans. Anything hollow could be a cup of water... He's got the BEST imagination! I wish I had video clips to remember how cute he sounds when he talks. Guess I'll have to get going on that today!!!

I just love having him by my side in the kitchen when I really am cooking or baking something. He isn't interested in taste testing anything yet, which I don't understand. Who doesn't like cookie dough? Luckily, I taste test enough for both of us! He is a good helper when it comes to stirring, pouring, and helping with dishes! Let's cook together forever!!!!!!!


10 comments:

Becky said...

Cute, Cute! I love their imaginations as well. It's a wonder where some of their things come from.

Janet said...

That is SO cute! He'll start taste testing soon enough. Then you'll have to worry about how much raw egg is too much. :) I love how he uses his tool set for cooking. Kids are so creative! Gabe and Ethan use stacking cups to make blenders. Then they make smoothies.

Neena said...

Thayne is so cute I love that he is into cooking, Chase just likes the eating part.

Valerie said...

I remember frying up french fries in the bathtub with hair ties. Look at the chef I've become!! What a crackup that kid is. Nikki and Matthew's imaginations only involve dangerous acts around the house and vicious animals. Want to trade kids for a while?

Gilbert Family said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog...I LOVE IT! It's so cute and fun to read!

Isn't it funny how kids love to cook right along with us. My girls ask to make things all the time but I am not always a nice mom. I love to cook "with" them but I have a hard time with the mess it creates when I am not there to supervise :) Great pictures!

Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...

Cute, I love to have Fiel in the kitchen. But she is a big taste tester. She now knows that shortening, salt, and baking powder are not good to eat

Elder and Sister Frank said...

I have seen that imagination in action when I am tending Thayne, but not the cooking part!. Sooo Cute! Love, Mom

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

You guys are so cute. I love being a mom don't you.

Kami said...

How cute to have a little buddy in the kitchen with you. I might be more inspired to cook if I had someone like Thayne right next to me!! He! He! And YES, he is definitely missing out on the cookie dough...silly kid.