Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jake's Birthday and Mother's Day

Happy Birthday, Honey!!!!!

Unfortunately, Jake had to share his birthday with me this year. He wasn't excited about it, but neither was I...just kidding, mostly! No really, I did want him to have special birthday, but I thought Sunday would be a hard day to celebrate because of everything going on (church, talking on the phone to his brother - serving in Korea, visiting our mothers, celebrating our mothers, etc.). So we did most birthday stuff on Saturday! Jake chose a bacon, eggs, pancakes, and hash brown breakfast in the morning and Thayne and I had gave Jake little gifts throughout the day. To end things we sang the birthday song and had shakes with some friends. I love Jake! I love him for several reasons. With each gift, I wrote a reaso
n I love him. His (and my) favorite was "I love you because you try new things." The gift was "Settlers of Catan." Have any of you played that? It is sooo fun. Most of you know Jake isn't much of a game person, but when we played that gave,a long time ago at my brother's house he loved it. I've wanted to give it to him ever since (a couple years later...). Anyway, we've already played it several times. I'll make him a game player yet! If anyone is searching for a fun evening call us, let's play! Sunday wasn't just spent on moms, Jake's mom prepared a special birthday dinner for Jake. Thayne, as usual, LOVED singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out candles on the fudge bars with his daddy. Jake, you are perfect for me and Thayne. I love you for many more reasons than I told you on your birthday. You are the best daddy! We love you and can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with you!



Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mother's day was wonderful. Our mothers do (and have done) so much to bless our family. Endless comfort, smiles, diaper changes, advice, tending, meals, love, stories, laughs, kindness, faith, treats, playing, wiping noses, etc. Not only to their own kids, but to in-laws and grandkids. They do it all. They are literally "Super Woman's." You reading this probably think you have the best mom's and you probably do for you, but our mom's are the best for us! I can't think of a sentence to word our appreciation without sounding cliche, but I hope we show you just how much we love you, because we do.



6 comments:

Eardley Fam said...

Hope you had a great mother's day and HB to Jake! So great to see a picture of you...its been way too long since I have seen you! Can't wait to give you a squeeze next month!

Kami said...

What a cute wife and mom you are!! It sounds like Jake had a great birthday thanks to you and Thayne. I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day.

Neena said...

Moose-
You are so thoughtful, I hope you had a great mothers day!! Hey call me back I was hoping to get together this week.
Love Neena

Janet said...

Hope you had a great birthday Jake! We're glad you got Settlers. We can't wait to play it again with you guys! I've got my strategy all figured out. Love you guys!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

How nice are you to share your day. I hope you guys had a fantastic day.

Valerie said...

I'll be expecting an invitation for game night soon. Sounds like I am totally out of the loop. Never heard of Settlers, but if is anything like Twister, Scott and I will LOVE it. J/K. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!