Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Excuses!!!!!

After my grandma's funeral (actually on the drive home) I caught the stomach flu. Thayne had it previously, but handled it much better than me! While I was laying on the couch my house got really messy, dirty, and germy (word????). Jake and I have since discussed the need to help each other out (more than usual) when one of us is sick. Don't get me wrong, he was waiting on me with soda and chicken noodle soup whenever I said the word. Anyway, it took forever to catch up on laundry, bathrooms, kitchen, vacuuming, disinfecting, etc.
Other things that have occupied my time are work, church stuff, class reunion calls and plans, receptions, Jake, Jake, Jake, Thayne, Thayne, Thayne, Thayne...does this sound normal, because it is pretty ordinary for me.
I have only taken a few fun pictures lately and have not had a chance to download them yet. Thus, I haven't updated this blog! However, here are 10 things that have made me smile today:

1. Jake snuggling up to me in bed this morning because he was cold (he LOVES having the window open all night to let the breeze in).

2. Thayne waking up at 8:30 (I never know what to expect, sometimes he wakes up at 6)

3. A little rain today (I LOVE being at home when it rains)

4. Thayne saying to me, "wook," and when I "looked" he was almost doing a head stand (with his feet on the floor).

5. Thayne playing with his trains and cars (watching him put them in "time out" when they aren't being nice)

6. Thinking of things I will do to celebrate Jake's birthday coming up!

7. Reading the sweet letter Jake's mom sent to Jake because he finished another semester of school, and did really well in all his classes.

8. Thayne pretending to hiccup and laughing so hard that it made him actually have the hiccups (funny - I have them right now!!)

9. Giving Thayne a bath this morning and then snuggling with him wrapped in a towel and reading some "Thomas the Tank Engine" stories to him.

10. What can I say? I think I have been smiling most of the day (okay, maybe I was slightly frustrated when Thayne spilt his bowl of cheerios this morning, but it was easy to clean up and now I get to hear, "Hayne spill cheeros," the rest of the day - and that does make me smile). Thayne is so funny and cute. I know that I sound like a proud mommy, but I can't help it. Having a family brings me so much joy! I hope you are having a great day!

6 comments:

Eardley Fam said...

What a sweet post Marc-I guess you got the memo from Val to update! LOL Love the new heading too-did Janet make it? Glad you are having a great day!

Allyson said...

What a clever post! I loved the list of things that make you happy, how fun!

Janet said...

It made me smile just reading those things! Glad to see an update.

larissa said...

It's great to appreciate the little things Marcie. No wonder you are such a happy person. You are a great example.

Becky said...

Yeah! I loved the update. I know how it goes finding time to make an entry. I also love your heading, so cute! I can't wait for more pictures.

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

Marcie, you are such a positive person. I love being around you because you are always happy and so fun to talk to. Thanks for being such a good example to me.