It's been a long time since I have been to a concert, but finally, last Tuesday my great friend, Val, and I went to see "A Fine Frenzy" perform at the Avalon. I first heard of Alison Sudol when Val gave me her CD for Christmas. I LOVE the CD! I was excited to see her on stage, but even more excited to spend time with my friend (Neen and Brooke we missed you!). The Avalon was different than I was thinking (I had the Villa in mind). It was small and run down with rows for people to sit, but we decided to stand up right in front of the stage so we could be closer! The two opening singers were very amateur compared to Fine Frenzy! She has a beautiful voice and sounded pitch perfect (who am I to say...). I had so much fun with Val. We caught up on conversation the entire night. We talked about happy, fun, boring, sad, and all sorts of things. We always laugh a lot when we are together! We tried to get jiggy with it and we sang along to the songs. We felt the drum beat in our stomach and throats and went home a little deaf. When I got home Jake asked if it felt like I was in high school again and I told him no, we both called our husbands during the concert to make sure the kids were doing well. After the concert was over we stood in line to have Alison sign our CD case. We also had our picture taken with her. I'd give the night a ten. Thanks Val for everything!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
GIRLS NIGHT FRENZY!!!!!!
It's been a long time since I have been to a concert, but finally, last Tuesday my great friend, Val, and I went to see "A Fine Frenzy" perform at the Avalon. I first heard of Alison Sudol when Val gave me her CD for Christmas. I LOVE the CD! I was excited to see her on stage, but even more excited to spend time with my friend (Neen and Brooke we missed you!). The Avalon was different than I was thinking (I had the Villa in mind). It was small and run down with rows for people to sit, but we decided to stand up right in front of the stage so we could be closer! The two opening singers were very amateur compared to Fine Frenzy! She has a beautiful voice and sounded pitch perfect (who am I to say...). I had so much fun with Val. We caught up on conversation the entire night. We talked about happy, fun, boring, sad, and all sorts of things. We always laugh a lot when we are together! We tried to get jiggy with it and we sang along to the songs. We felt the drum beat in our stomach and throats and went home a little deaf. When I got home Jake asked if it felt like I was in high school again and I told him no, we both called our husbands during the concert to make sure the kids were doing well. After the concert was over we stood in line to have Alison sign our CD case. We also had our picture taken with her. I'd give the night a ten. Thanks Val for everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you think her hair color is natural? jk. I'm really enjoying the cd - so thanks for letting me borrow it! I'll get it back soon!
I'm going to have to borrow the cd after allyson! Looks like it was a great time.
Okay I already wrote on Val's blog how entirely jealous I am! What a blast and I am so glad you guys got to go-Val said you almost got yourselves kicked out you were having such a good time!:) We need to find a concert to go to in June with the girls!!
Post a Comment