Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Easter beginnings...




I had just finished cleaning up our corned beef and cabbage meal from St. Patrick's day (I had forgotten it was St. Patrick's day, but Jake called me that morning and reminded me and Thayne to wear green), when I realized it was Easter. Maybe it wasn't exactly like that, but I was a little slow this year! I did buy Thayne a new Easter/Sunday shirt, that looked really cute, and we had done FHE about the resurrection the previous monday, so maybe it wasn't so bad. We never had to time to dye any eggs, and I completely spaced Sunday dinner! Well, Easter morning we found some plastic filled eggs all around our front room and Thayne had fun eating the candy inside of them. It was a slow process collecting eggs, because Thayne wanted to open each egg and eat the candy inside of it before finding more. I think we skipped breakfast... Anyway, our church services were beautiful and Thayne got to decorate an egg shaped chocolate cupcake in nursery. Then after church we ate some leftovers and then went to see our parents. Thayne had fun playing with cousins and eating too much candy.


Gabe really loved giving Nikki hugs and you can tell by his look that he is ready to deliver again!





The Friday before Easter Thayne and I got together with some friends. We played, talked, laughed, and had lunch and a little easter egg hunt. Thayne found 3 eggs and was THRILLED! All of the kids were so cute! We love playing! Thanks Neena, for donating your house! Fun didn't end Friday. Saturday we drove to Syracuse and flew kites with Thayne's cousins (Sydney, Joey, and Ella). We went to a high school nearby, and the kids, and Dwight ran the field. Unfortunately, Thayne chose the pink bug kite, instead of the blue airplane kite. Our bug didn't fly well, but Ben and Beth's airplane kite did awesome. Hopefully Thayne will start liking blue more than pink!

I LOVE getting creative, fun, and good ideas from other people. I've found some fun traditions other people do on Easter and would love any suggestions! For example, next year I think I'll ask the Easter bunny to come on either Saturday or Monday. My friend Brooke does a special breakfast (same one every year) on Sunday morning that also sounds great! I want to make holidays fun and special for my husband and kids (simple, but fun), so I hope next year I am a little more prepared!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

It sounds like Thayne has his Egg Hunting strategy down, it's a lot like Gabe's. Find egg...eat candy. :) We love you guys!

PS Where are the kite flying pictures?

Kami said...

Sounds like Easter actually turned out A-okay for you even though it was way EARLY this year. I agree that Easter should be in April...not March. Thayne looks so cute with all his little friends.

Eardley Fam said...

Man I wish I was there with all you girls! Glad you got pics though so I can see everyone's way too cute kids that are getting too big!

Becky said...

Just be glad he isn't old enough to remind you. Looks like he had tons of fun! He is getting so big. I love that you and Janet do this so I can see your kids all but once or twice a year. Thanks