Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Eve and Day 2010

We had our Texas dinner on Christmas Eve and invited Chet and Janet's family to join us! We had so much fun with them!!! The kids all got a new ornament to hang on the tree (a tradition I have always known). We read a Christmas story and played games. Then we opened our Christmas pj's.

Each party this season had one thing in common - great company (oh, and I couldn't forget, DELICIOUS FOOD)!


The kids lining up to come into the kitchen and find their ornaments on their plates!!!


Dax's first and Thayne's fifth!!! It's always fun picking ornaments that fit their personality (or that I think they will like)!


Everyone is excited to show us!


He must like his ornament too!!


She's so cute!


Guess what's in the stocking???


Toss the rings on the reindeer!


Pin the nose on Rudolph! (Thanks Allyson)


We all took a turn...





Family pictures (before we all change into pj's)


Now we're ready for bed!!!





Christmas Day was perfect. We woke up, read scriptures, opened stockings and presents, and watch our boys play with some of their new things! Playing didn't last too long because we had to hurry to Jake's parents for homemade egg mcmuffins, our traditional Christmas breakfast. We opened more presents and just relaxed. After spending the morning with Jake's family we stopped by my parents house for a quick visit, but we were eager to spend the afternoon and evening at home, which we did! It was so nice to be home and just be together. It was a great end (well, mostly end) to our busy December.

We didn't even get one family picture on Christmas day - that's okay, I like this picture!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Loved the updates! It's fun to see some or your other family in these pictures as well. Cute, cute boys! Aren't they the best?

Janet said...

Wow! You have been busy. I might just have to copy and paste a couple of these posts onto my blog to help me get a little more caught up. We had so much fun with you guys on Christmas Eve. (As usual.) We wish it was our yearly tradition. :) We are so happy for Jake graduating. I can only imagine how happy the two of you are to be done with it.

Okay I'm inspired. I might devote a little time to catching up on my blog today.