Monday, February 16, 2009

To Remember :)


(This is just a random picture I posted because it shows Thayne being silly,
a perfect description of this kid - Grandpa's tops are a favorite with his grandkids.)


These are funny stories about Thayne that Jake and I want to remember, but I'll admit, they aren't "knock your socks off" or "crack you up" stories, just cute and fun!

We love listening to Thayne pray. One of our favorite parts of his prayer (at least at meal times) is when he blesses the food. He had a hard time remembering to bless the food. At first, I would kindly and quietly whisper in his ear to "bless the food", but after a while he would get bothered and say, "no, I saying the prayer all by myself" (I'm sure none of you can relate to that phrase :). So now, instead of whispering to him, I tap his shoulder and point to the food with my finger. He accepted my reminder, but these are the words that come out: (First, picture his finger pointing and circling around all the food) "..., and bless all this." Ha! :)


We have gotten Thayne into a bad habit of taking off his pants for naps. We originally started doing this because we thought it would be more comfortable for him, but now, it is just a pain! Most of you have probably seen Thayne is just his T-shirt and undies because of this (we forget, a lot, to put his pants back on after his nap). Oh well, this will stop all too soon when he stops taking naps. Anyway, the other day, after his nap, Thayne was sitting down and itching/playing/putting his hands in his undies, so I asked him if he needed to go potty. He said, "No mom, I not need to go potty." So I asked, "what are you doing?" and he replied, "no, no, I not need to go potty, I just shaking off my winger." This made me laugh (at least silently).


At our last FHE Thayne was conducting. We had already done the opening stuff, the lesson, and testimonies and were just getting ready for the closing song and prayer. Thayne was playing on the couch (I'm sure he was trying to listen :) and I asked him what the closing song was going to be. He started talking and neither Jake or I could figure out what he was saying, so I asked again what the closing song should be and he replied, "no mom, I reducting." We said we were thankful he was "conducting", but what song should we sing? His first idea was "Thomas the Tank Engine" song (they're two, they're four...), but we suggested he pick a primary song, so then he chose "I am a Child of God". We all started singing and he said that he just wanted to sing it. Of course, we let him, and this is how the song went: I am a Child of God at church I am a Child of Good at church repeated several more times :) Wow!!! I can only hope this song makes it inside the Primary Songbook someday!


This next story has happened with a few people that have used the bathroom at our house, but I will write about the time it happened with my mom. I just recently went to a dental convention downtown. My mom was tending Thayne and had agreed to come to my house so she could take Thayne to preschool (thanks mom!). Since it was kind of an early morning for her, I told her she could just take a shower and get ready for the day at our house. Not surprisingly, she shut the door to the bathroom while she was showering. At some point, or several points, Thayne came to the closed door and got down on his belly to peek inside and yelled, "Grandma, what'cha doing in there?" Then, later when she was using my hair dryer, Thayne, being a very protective and territorial boy said, "hey, that's my mommies, you better put it away." Luckily my mom found these situations to be funny! I think so too!

6 comments:

Eardley Fam said...

Oh I think that Thayne is a crack up!! Chad thought the undies story was pretty funny too! I can relate to blessing the food-I am going to try what you do with Thayne next time with Austin to save us an argument while praying ;) Love you!

Amie said...

Those are great stories. Good for you for remembering to write them down! I love the prayer one. Kids prayers are the best. Lydie is totally into telling us she can do everything herself and when she prays she'll start out fine and then pause, so I'll try to help and she gets upset, but after a few more mintues of thinking without knowing what to say, she asks for help. As soon as the help is given she quickly reminds us that "I can do it, I don't need help!" Silly kids!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Those stories are too cute!!! I want to hear him sing his song! :) Thanks for sharing those with us, made me smile! :-)

Janet said...

I know, I wish I had never started taking my boys pants off for their naps. They are always running around pantless. I love hearing these funny little stories about Thayne. The blow dryer one is really funny. At least he is protecting your stuff!

Tyler and Lacey said...

cute, cute stories! he is such a funny, cute kid!

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Too cute! Kids are so fun. What would life be without them!