Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our GHOSTLY Halloween!!!

Here is a breakdown of our Halloween FUN this year!!!
1. Our neighborhood "Trunk or Treat" with a chili cook-off before!!! I LoVED this (the different chili's were AWESoME and it was a perfect opportunity for Thayne to see all his friends from our neighborhood dressed in their costumes)! We loaded up with candy a WEEK before the actual holiday came!!


Thayne with Brinton, a friend he just LOVES!!

Thayne doing the catwalk with daddy as his escort! (They were walking so fast, I didn't get a good pict!)

2. Picking out the perfect pumpkins with Jon and Larissa's family. The pumpkin patch was HUGE and so much fun! Thayne LoVED playing with his cousins. He kept choosing really awful pumpkins and putting them in the wheel barrel and when he wasn't looking we'd take them out! He finally found one he liked with help from his cousins! There was a little corn maze for the kids to run around in, which, of course, was a BLAST for Thayne!!! Thanks Jon, Larissa, girls,
and Sam!!! We had so much fun!


I tried getting creative with pictures because I've noticed, on so many blogs, how many talented photographers are out there (if you are reading this then you are one of them)! I'm not talented yet, but with a lot of practice, a better camera, and help from any of you, I might get there, someday!!!!

3. Visiting with and showing Grandma Ward and Grandma Frank Thayne's costume! I didn't take pictures of Thayne with his grandma's, because I just wasn't thinking - that's pretty normal for me!!! They spoiled him with treats - that's pretty normal for them!!! We LoVE you, thank you!!!


We timed going to Grandma Frank's, so we'd be there with Janet and her kids. These two boys had so much fun playing out in grandma's back yard.

4. Carving pumpkins with the Arnell's. Jake and I were going to have Steph and Nate judge our jack-o-lanterns, but it didn't really work out this year, so I'm already thinking of how I can win next year!!! Nate, thanks for scooping out the guts of Thayne's pumpkin. Thayne liked the idea of carving, but since he couldn't use the knives, he played with the girls the ENTIRE time!!! The kids LoVED putting candles in the carved pumpkins. I was impressed with ALL the jack-o-lanterns produced that night!! Thanks Arnells!!!


Jake's pumpkin is the most original, but Taylor and Addie were the most creative. My pumpkin was not original or creative (I copied the idea out of a magazine). You choose whose is whose!!!

5. Halloween night with Janet and Chet's family!!! This involved trick-or-treating, eating pizza and HoMEMADE donuts (provided by a my sister's neighbor), handing out candy, playing, laughing, and great company!!! More favorites that night included: painting vampire, skeleton, and ghost faces (the scarier the better, according to the boys!!!), going to a small haunted house made by a neighbor, Thayne holding his special flashlight (he calls it his "scary thing"), and smiling out how cute the boys look in their gruesome costumes - yes, your own kid/kids look cute in things you NEVER thought you'd like, right moms??? My niece, Holland, was enjoying the night as a little pig and she was SOOO cute!


Scary guys don't smile, but at least there's a small bit of cheerfulness in this group (the innocent pig :)

14 comments:

Shay said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I think that you take great pictures. I love the one of Thayne on the tractor!

Steve & Julie said...

Crazy how busy Halloween seems to be. Thayne was a cute little ghost, and I think you did a spectacular job making the costume. Brinton loves him, too and has been asking to see him a lot lately. We need to get together. By the way, you take good pictures. I don't know what you are talking about!

larissa said...

I was just thinking that the pictures from the pumpkin patch turned out REALLY cute. All of them are great! We had lots of fun with you. Thank you for including us in your fun. It's a treat for us.

Eardley Fam said...

You guys have been busy having good times! Sounds like a great Halloween. It is so fun when the kids get old enough to get into it and understand what is going on. I LOVE the pics of Thayne on the tractor and holding the pumpkin-you are a great photographer-no lessons needed!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Love the part how you would take the bad pumpkins out when he wasnt looking. that is something that I would have totally done!

Karina said...

That is one cute ghost!!! I love it! I really wish we could have seen you guys on halloween, but it sounds like you had a blast! I really love all of your pictures, you really need to give yourself more credit!!
I also wanted to let you know that I am really thinking about trying out this whole photography buisness so if ever you want to let me practice on your cute little family just let me know, I would REALLY love to!!!

Andrea said...

Love it! Wasn't it funny when the kids walked that cat walk at church?

I agree, you take great pics. I love the one where he is sitting on that pumpkin!

Was your pumpkin the one with the moon?

Love this post!

Amie said...

cute, cute cute. He was such a sweet little ghost! And your pictures are totally awesome!

Janet said...

Thayne was the cutest little ghost I've ever seen! Great job with your pictures! We loved having you guys celebrate Halloween with us. I'm so glad the kids have as much fun together as we do!

Brittney said...

He was the ghost that I loved the most! Wow- that rhymed! He looked so cute. I especially loved the pictures from the pumpkin patch. You are such a great Mom. I wish that we saw each other more, I honestly miss you! We need to plan stuff, since we never do anything at the spur of the moment!! Love ya!

Allyson said...

I'm so glad you finally posted these halloween pictures! Pumpking patches are a great place for pictures! You did a great job with Thayne's costume! And I love Holland's pig costume, that's so cute! Nice job, Janet!

Becky said...

Those are some scary kids. Alex saw your post and proceeded with "mom those are cool costumes"!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

You guys had a great halloween too. It is one of my favorite holidays now, it was so fun introducing Lily to all of the fun things to do with Halloween, it looks like Thayne got to do a lot of those things too.

Kirbys said...

Your pictures are adorable! You look like a pro photographer to me! You are so cute and so is the rest of your family! Thanks for inviting me to your blog so I can enjoy all your posts! You are the cutest mom in the world. I love and miss you!