Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Honey!!!!!

http://mag.awn.com/issue9.12/9.12images/raugust03_ThomasTankEngine.jpg


We celebrated an awesome birthday for Thayne earlier this week!! He is now a big boy (two years old)! He started the day with cocoa puffs for breakfast (this is a real treat compared to the non-sugar cereals he normally gets). He had fun watching his favorite "Thomas the Tank Engine" DVD and eating "Dino" nuggets during lunch (yes, I made him eat some cut up cucumber and apples, too). Our neighbors invited him over for brownies after lunch, and they gave him a really cool dinosaur that stomps and roars, thanks so much, Thayne loves you guys!!! The finale was having his grandparents and uncle Josh over for dinner and birthday cake! He probably didn't even notice that we had dinner OR dessert because he was too wrapped up in playing with everyone and enjoying non-stop attention! Actually, he did notice the birthday cake. Singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out candles is one of his favorite things. We ended up singing it to him and letting him blow out the candles three times! He would have done it all night, too! Somehow grandma's and grandpa's find the best ways to entertain kids, anyway, I know Thayne loves playing and laughing with them! Thank you for coming to our house and making Thayne's birthday so special. He is so blessed to have so many people love him! We love you, Thayne. You're growing so much and everyday we find something new to love about you! You are so funny (intentionally and unintentionally) and your smiles and laughs bring us joy. We're so glad you are ours! Happy Birthday!




Earlier in the day after I had finished decorating the cake I was doing the dishes when I heard Thayne in back of me say, "hmmm, chocat." I looked back and he had part of the chocolate licorice train track in his mouth. I didn't even hear him sneak a piece, but I was just glad he liked it!!! In the picture above he was again eating some licorice! (Jake, pull your hat down...)




Thayne loved playing basketball with everyone. Uncle Josh was teaching him some "Michael Jordan" moves, so watch out world, here comes competition!!! The train cake was an idea from Kraft.com. Thayne kept calling it "big train."


3 comments:

Kami said...

Happy Birthday Thayne!! It sounds like you had a fun party!! What a cute cake...great job Marcie.

Janet said...

Thayne looks so cute and happy eating that piece of licorice! His train cake turned out so cute!! We love you Thayne, hope you had a great birthday!

Becky said...

WOW that cake looks great! I can't believe he is 2! Sounds like he had a fun day. By the way Curtis wouldn't agree but I love the hat Jake!!