The Adventure!!!
Tonight for family home evening we read a story from "The Friend" about the Holy Ghost. We've had more exciting FHE lessons, but the highlight tonight was the adventure Jake took Thayne on, under Thaynes bed! Grandpa Ward gave Thayne a blue Maglite flashlight. He loves it! It has a special candle feature that Thayne can't get enough of! So the adventure consisted of singing "Happy Birthday" (one of his favorite songs), reading stories, and having our FHE treat (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)!
4 comments:
We're going to have to get one of those flashlights! Sounds like a fun family night. Thayne is growing up so fast! He is such a cutie.
Marcie-
Thayne is soo big and soo adorable!! I am soo impressed with his birthday train-you go girl!! I sure miss you-let's chat really soon!!
You are so good about doing family night. What a great example you are to me. Something about the age and kids loving flashlights. The power went out at our house the other night, Curtis was on a scout camping trip and it was so dark I couldn't make Easton his bottle. With no lights in the middle of the night I couldn't tell how many oz I was filling up in his bottle. I went to look for a flashlight and all of mine were dead (Thanks to Alex) I had to use the next best thing, my cell phone. I think our next FHE will be on Emergency Prepareness. LOL
Isn't it amazing what little kids like. We buy all the sophisticated toys that leave little to the imagination when, in fact, it is the imagination that the kids really want to use. A flashlight. What a great gift. Of course, it takes parents who are willing to climb under the bed to make the flashlight work. Good Job Marcie and Jake.
Dad Frank
Post a Comment