Friday, January 25, 2008

January Fun





Daddy gave a great family home evening lesson a few weeks ago. He read a special story from the "Friend," and taught Thayne and mommy how to tie a tie. I'm sure Thayne is a pro now! Well, at least mommy will be able to help Thayne when he is a little older, and help daddy when he is too old to do it himself (however, daddy is really picky, he likes the knot a certain size, the length has to be so long, etc.). I can't remember much about the treats that we ate that night, maybe we'll make up for that part tonight. Any ideas????




We celebrated grandpa Frank's (Marcie's dad) birthday this month. We had fun playing pool, blowing out the candles on the pie (several different times, sort of...), watching grandpa give the grandkids rides in the bucket, and laughing and visiting. Just watching grandpa give the kids rides in the bucket was exhausting. They were laughing so hard and having a lot of fun (even our niece, Krista, who got slightly smashed in the ceiling because she is much lighter than grandpa expected!). All the kids wanted more turns, but one was all they got!!! Thanks for a great birthday dad, we love you.



Thayne wasn't too sure about the bucket ride at first, but after all the other kids took a turn he realized how much fun it would be.

Well, as much as I sometimes want to, I can't leave out Dwight. He has had a bad week. He ate one of Thayne's foam soccor balls, chewed a box a garbage bags to bits, torn the cover of my really cute edition of "Pride and Prejudice," which I just got for Christmas, and had a number one accident in the laundry room (which, yes, is really unusual for him). The love-hate relationship I have with Dwight is seeming a little uneven at the moment, but maybe if I write on this blog how much I love him it will magically happen (at least a little more). I do think this is a cute picture of Dwight with his stuffed duck. Deep down Jake wishes he were a hunting dog.


2 comments:

Janet said...

What a fun family home evening lesson Jake. Maybe you need to have a lesson about the importance of wearing shirts. Just kidding! My kids are never fully dressed. Thayne looks so cute in those pics!! Marcie, will you send me some of Dad's b-day pictures. I forgot my camera that night.

Becky said...

I especially love the picture of Dwight. I love dogs, but unfortunatley I don't think we will ever have one. I am not ready to have the number 1 or number 2 accidents in my house. I am sure I will get enough of those potty training a 3 year old!