Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Cabin Thanksgiving
This year for Thanksgiving my family went to my parent's cabin in Fairview. Jake and I decided to take our family down on Wednesday night. We had fun staying up late and watching a movie with my parents. We then said good night and the three of us snuggled close together in bed to stay warm. It was fun waking to the smell of turkey in the oven. They day was cold but the kitchen oven, wood burning stove, and moving bodies kept us warm. We had a wonderful dinner and dessert, which everyone contributed to. The kids played games and so did the adults! My dad and niece, Allison, played some thanksgiving hymns with violin and trombone and they did an awesome job! We are thankful for our family and also thankful for the cabin where we can make such wonderful memories. Jake and I agree that it was a Thanksgiving to remember! On thanksgiving morning Jake decided to give me an early birthday present. I shouldn't have been too surprised when he pulled out a gun!!! I got my own 22. Although it was a present I would not have asked for necessarily, I love the thought he put into it and know we will have so much fun rabbit hunting or shooting targets together(mostly targets I think)!
The day after Thanksgiving we had another big dinner with Jake's moms family (the Zeyers)! That was also a lot of fun, especially visiting with people we hadn't seen for awhile. We always
enjoy seeing our nephew, Mitch, who lives in Arizona!!! We wish we could have seen all our grandma's over the holiday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved hearing your thoughts on our fun Thanksgiving. I would have liked to see how close you made it to the target with your new gun. Closer than I would have gotten I'm sure. :)
Post a Comment