This was our first official camping trip with our new tent. We went with Ben and Beth's family - they had a new tent too! We had so much fun and can't wait to go again. It was a beautiful campground with the lake (and bathrooms) close by. Our kids were great troopers!
Our setup.
The pros. You get good when you go a lot! Hopefully we'll get there!
It was so fun to be with the kids. They loved walking Dwight around (he loved them!!!), holding Dax, and playing with Thayne. It was a great break for me and Jake!! :)
Thayne's heaven. An older boy cousin to play with. Dirt. Sticks. More cousins. Tent. You get the picture!
Jake and I were in charge of dinner and Ben and Bethany did breakfast. We did a dutch oven dinner (unfortunately we didn't time things quite right and I think we ended up eating around 8:30 or 9ish (it's becoming a blur now, but it was late). Oh well, I think it tasted all the better because of it. Breakfast was delicious and it was timed just right. :)
Dax slept in his play 'n pack, and did really well (once he fell asleep:), but ended up here in the morning. Doesn't he look snug? I wish he would have pulled those little sweet hands inside the covers - they were small ice blocks. For those of you wondering, I tried putting socks on his hands, but he kept getting them off!! What's a mom to do? Don't answer that.
I love the boys in the background of this picture. They really used their imaginations on this trip and entertained themselves most of the time. They found wild raspberries, made bow and arrows from sticks, went on small hikes around camp, played games, and found countless things to do! We all went fishing at the lake, and even though early on we had some small bites, no success! It was a pretty lake. The kids took off their shoes and waded in a nearby stream - it was SO cold! We had peanut butter and jam for lunch and then headed home! Thanks to Ben, Bethany, and the kids for a fun trip! Let's go again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment