Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where do I begin???


I have so much that I NEED to blog! My sister keeps telling me that blog posts are great journal entries. If that is true (and I know it is) then I really want to put more on my blog. While I want to share our experiences with all of you, it must be frustrating coming to a blog that takes a half an hour to read, so feel free to browse quickly or not at all!!!

1. Welcome to our family!


This is my niece, Grace. I am so excited to see her, in person, soon!!! Congrats to Matt, Megan, and Mitch!! She is beautiful!!

2. Happy Birthday Dad!!!!


I love these pictures of my dad because this is exactly what it is like when we get together with my parents. The kids LOVE gathering around my dad to play. One of my dads talents is being creative and fun with kids. When I was younger my dad would me tell stories to classical music. While we were listening, if there was an intense part of the song that is when the story would become scary or dangerous, and then when the music was soft and calming that is usually when something wonderful happened. I'm not sure how he does it, but he captures attention easily, people listen to him, and he makes us smile and laugh!

3. Here is a picture of my sister-in-law to be!


She is beautiful, fun, and perfect for Spencer! This was taken on her birthday, the same day we met her sweet family. We love you and are so excited for your big day!!!!

4. Rabbit Hunting


I have never been opposed to hunting, but that doesn't mean I have loved it either. However, it is my husbands favorite hobby and since I have a new years resolution to have more fun, I think I am going to try and like it more. So, we (Jake, Thayne, and I) went rabbit hunting a few weeks ago. We didn't find any cotton tails, but Jake shot at a couple jack rabbits. Luckily, they got away! :) We had a GREAT time!!

5. Draper Temple Open House


We went to open house for the new temple last Monday. We were so excited to take Thayne to the temple. He always talks about how he wants to go to the temple with us and we thought this was the perfect opportunity. The temple was beautiful (I expected nothing less) and peaceful. The beautiful paintings and pictures led me to reflect on the Savior. It was fun to share the experience with my family. I was kind of expecting that spiritual experience for Thayne too (yes, he's only three, and yes, I am more than a little delusional), but even though he had fun looking in all the rooms and listening to us tell him all about the temple, his favorite part was the movie, bus rides, and cookie (they are DELICIOUS cookies).

6. Preschool already???


Me and a few friends in my neighborhood have started a little preschool for our kids. It's a little early, but we all have kids the same age, and all of them are excited to be playing together (and I am totally excited for them too)! Thayne loves the idea of "school" and "homework". No, they never have homework, but you can bet that Thayne will think of something he needs to do for his homework (that is what he is doing right now - something with cutting paper, crayons, glue... I wonder what it will be :). All on his own, when it was our turn to host preschool, Thayne called me teacher the entire time. It made me laugh. Also, I am pretty sure Thayne is going to try and be teachers pet with each mom, this is just a warning - well, I'm just glad he's excited!!! :)

6. Thayne's Birthday!!!





Here are some special details about Thayne's birthday:
-Scrambled eggs for breakfast (I offered to make "Mickey Mouse pancakes, but to my delight, Thayne only wanted eggs:)
-Playing with Ethan and Gabe (while mommy made my birthday cake and birthday banner)
-Singing "Happy Birthday" three times (preschool the day before, with Ethan and Gabe after lunch, and at my birthday party with grandma's and grandpa's, uncle Josh, uncle Spence, and Amber)
-Hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner (another favorite, but nothing tastes that great when there are new toys to play with:)
-Balloons, banners, and cards!!!
-PRESENTS!*!* As much as I do not want birthdays and holidays to be about presents, it is SO fun to watch Thayne open his presents and then enjoy them. When Thayne first walked into our bedroom and saw his wrapped presents he said, "Wow, there are so many!!!". There really weren't that many, but I guess it was enough! By the end of the day, there were too many!!!

*Thank you mom and dad (both sets) for coming and making Thayne's birthday special. He loves you all so much!






13 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

That was a cute post! We are going to the Draper Temple on Friday and I am sooo exited to take Izzy, I know that she is still a little too young but it will be fun to have the kids in the temple with us since it wont happen for many years to come!

i need to join you on your new years resolution and have more fun too! life is too short!

Becky said...

I know how you feel when it comes to blogging. So many other things come up and you get behind way to FAST! I am glad to see a new post and love to hear what you and your cute family are up to! Love ya!

Zandra said...

Looks like you guys have such a fun life! I love your take on hunting- I feel the same way. Oh, and that is such a cute picture of you guys at the temple open house. Unfortunately all of my pictures have grumpy faces because my boys skipped their naps that day. :(

Janet said...

Finally! It's nice to see an update with actual pictures, even though I talk to you almost everyday. Thayne's birthday party looked like so much fun. How cute that Thayne called you teacher during preschool. See, you don't remember to tell me EVERYTHING on the phone. The little details from Thaynes birthday were perfect and fun to read. Anyway, I can't wait for the next update.

Eardley Fam said...

Yea for updates! I have been missing you! What great fun you guys have been up to! Love the pic of Thayne and his little gun rabbit hunting and glad preschool is going great-it sounds like Thayne is ready for 1st grade!! So cute. Sure love you and so good to see your beautiful face in the new pics.

Neena said...

Loved the update not too long perfect now I know what you have been up to. Can't wait for Sat.

Kirbys said...

It looks like a lot of exciting things are happening in your life! I loved the rabbit hunting picture! How fun is that. I love looking at your blog. Sure love you!

Andrea said...

I loved that post! The pictures were fun to look at. You are doing a preschool? FUN!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

Marcie, you have been busy. Everything looks like it was a lot of fun. I was starting to wonder whether you were going to blog again...J/K. Tell Thayne happy birthday from me.

Shay said...

I have been wondering what you have been up to. That is fun that you are having a little preschool. I'm sure all the kids love it!

Brittney said...

Hooray for an update, and I read the entire thing, you should be impressed!! I am glad that Thayne had a nice birthday with LOTS of presents! I wish you posted more photos from the hunting trip. I hope you all enjoy the Preschool, it has been fun for Oaklee to do it with neighbors and friends. I love you and I think you are great & FUN!!!

Amie said...

Isn't it funny how we all live so close and see each other at least once a week, but we still have to turn to blogs to find out what's going on with each other? I loved your update. I really like how you talked about your Dad for his Birthday. What a sweet man. And, I'm so glad Thayne had a happy birthday, he's such a sweet boy! I'm sure he felt something at the temple even though you didn't realize it! I'm looking forward to taking our kids next weekend. I think Eric will really be interested in it! YAY for the temple!

Kami said...

Hey, I will always give you a break if your blog is not updated, especially since I am so slow about updating my own blog. I loved reading and viewing all that you have been doing. Your hair is so CUTE...it is getting long and I love the bangs. You have always been such a cute girl!! XOXO